Proper Function in Excel: Excel is one of the popular spreadsheet programs that provide various formulas and functions for performing mathematical calculations with a few clicks. Usually, we enter data in alphabets or numeric values on the spreadsheet. In case, we mixed up the small and capital letters while inserting data in the worksheet, what will we do to fix it and change it into a proper case? Don’t panic. It is pretty simple.
We suggest you use the PROPER Function in the Excel worksheet in order to apply the proper text case to your data. This article gives you an illustration of the explanation, syntax, and usage of the Proper function in Excel. Get the official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Description of PROPER Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- The Excel PROPER function will capitalize the first letter in each word.
- In this function, all the letters in the given text string will be converted to lower case except the first letter in each word. Because, it capitalizes the first letter in each word.
- Numbers, punctuation, and spaces will not be affected by this function.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the PROPER function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
- Text – The input text that will be converted into a proper case.
Now Let’s grasp some examples of the PROPER function and explore how it works in Microsoft Excel.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- For example, we have given the input text string in Cell B3, as shown in the below screenshot.
- Then, we have to apply the above-mentioned formula and hit the Enter button in order to get the result.
- Once you have executed the formula, you will get the result, as shown in the following screenshot.
- Let’s see some more examples for your understanding. In the following image, you will see the input text strings in the range B3:B6.
- Then, we applied the PROPER function to this range and get the result.
By reading this article, you can get some clarification about the explanation, syntax, and usage of the Proper Function with a few practical examples. Don’t forget to drop your worthwhile Feedback. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
Refer to the below video to understand how to use the PROPER function in Excel.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?