We all know that the ODD values are the numbers that will not divide by number 2, such as 3,7,9,15, and so on. Excel provides an ODD Function to round a number by the nearest greatest odd integer value. The ODD function is categorized as Math/Trig Function in Excel. Let’s see how it works!!
This post will learn the steps to use the Excel ODD Function in Office 365. Get the official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Description of ODD Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Excel.
- This function returns the nearest odd integer to the given value in the worksheet.
- In other words, the ODD function will round the given integer or decimal value to the nearest odd value.
- This function always rounds the numbers away from zero, so positive numbers become larger and negative numbers become smaller.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the ODD function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
- Number – The input number that you need to round up to an odd value.
Let us see the practical examples to know how this odd function works on your Excel spreadsheet.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- For example, we have entered the input value in cell B3 in the worksheet, and we are going to convert it to an odd value.
- For that, we need to enter the above-mentioned formula, as shown in the below screenshot.
- Then, we need to click on the Enter button to get the result.
- Let’s see another example to make it clear for you. In the following image, we have entered decimal numbers, negative, & positive numbers in the range B3:B6.
- Then, we will apply the odd function in cell B3, once you get the result, you can easily drag-down this cell to fill the remaining cells in the range.
- As we said earlier, positive numbers become larger and negative numbers become smaller.
The above article on the ODD function in Excel gives you a clear explanation and tutorial, with the syntax definition and practical examples. This tutorial covers all the possibilities of ODD Functions with related examples.
Drop your feedback in the comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
In this video, we have shown you how to use the Excel ODD function in the worksheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?