NUMBERVALUE Function in Excel: Excel is a spreadsheet program that is developed for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. It helps to perform calculations on your PC. The purpose of this software is to do complicated calculations which are difficult to do manually. If you want to convert the number in a text format to a numeric value, then you can use NUMBERVALUE function.
This article describes the explanation, syntax, and usage of the NUMBERVALUE function in Microsoft Excel. Get the official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Explanation of NUMBERVALUE Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- The Excel NUMBERVALUE function converts text to number with custom separators such as specified decimal and group separators.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the NUMBERVALUE function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
=NUMBERVALUE(text, [decimal_separator], [group_separator])
- text – The text to convert to a number.
- decimal_separator – optional
- group_separator – optional
Let’s look at some practical examples of NUMBERVALUE Function and explore how to use it in Microsoft Excel.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch the worksheet that has data.
- For instance, we have shown the input range in the below screenshot, where we will apply the NUMBERVALUE function.
- Then, you have to enter the formula in the cell as shown below to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output, as shown below. You can drag down the cell to fill the remaining cells.
In the above article, we have discussed the explanation, syntax, and usage of the NUMBERVALUE Function with a few practical examples. Drop your suggestions or feedback in the below comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
The following video will show you how to apply the NUMBERVALUE function in the Excel worksheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?