EVEN Function in Excel: Microsoft Excel is a powerful utility that allows you to manage and maintain huge data on a spreadsheet. It offers more number of built-in functions and formulas for performing mathematical operations which are difficult to do manually. Sometimes, we use decimal points in the Excel worksheet and want to convert them as even numbers. Doing it manually can take more time.
So, we suggest you to use the EVEN Function to get the even value for the given decimal point number. It is quite simple function in Excel. This article will show you the definition, syntax, and usage of the EVEN function in Excel. The provided examples will let you understand it even more easily. Get the official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Definition of EVEN function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Excel.
- You can use this function to round the given value to its nearest Even number on your worksheet.
- The EVEN Function in Excel returns the even integer after rounding a given number.
- It rounds numbers up (away from zero) so positive numbers become larger and negative numbers become smaller.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the EVEN Function.
- To apply this EVEN function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the length of the text.
- Number – The number to round up to an even integer.
Let’s look at some examples of EVEN function and analyze how to use it in Microsoft Excel.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- For example, we entered the input value in cell B3, as shown in the below screenshot.
- Then, we have entered the above-mentioned formula in cell D3.
- Once you have entered the formula, you need to click on the Enter button to get the result, as shown below.
- Let’s see one more example to make it clear for you.
- We have given the negative value as an input, and it round the number as even integer.
- As we already said, the negative value becomes smaller than the given input value.
A short summary
I hope that this article might be helpful to you to know about EVEN Function and how it works on Excel with the provided examples. In case, you have any queries regarding this tutorial, leave them in the comment section. If you want to learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?