The term “Subtract” is meant to find the difference between two numbers or values. Generally, Subtraction is one of the basic mathematical Operators. In Excel, we can use various built-in functions and formulas to perform mathematical operations. On that note, if you want to subtract any numbers or values in the Excel spreadsheet, we suggest you use the Subtract function.
It helps to do that even if you have large data. In this post, we will show you how to use the Subtract Function in Excel with the best examples. Get the official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Definition of Subtract Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Excel.
- This function subtracts the values in the selected cells or ranges.
- You can use this function to subtract the values of more than two cells in Excel.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the SUBTRACT function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
=(1stValue – 2ndValue – …. – 255thvalue)
- 1stValue– The first value you need to subtract. You need to use the cell number as a reference.
- 2ndValue– The second value you need to subtract or use the cell reference.
- 255thvalue– The last number that you need to subtract.
- The number 255 is the maximum number of counts of cells.
Here, we come up with some examples to make you understand how SUBTRACT function works on your Excel.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- In the following image, you can see the input values in cells B3 and C3. And we will get the subtracted value with the help of this function.
- After that, we need to apply the above-mentioned formula in order to get the result in the spreadsheet.
- To execute the function, you need to click on the Enter button and get the subtracted value, as shown in the below image.
- Let’s see one more example to make it clear for you. In the below-given screenshot, you will see a range of input values, and we will subtract those values using the following formula.
- Once you have executed the formula, you will get the result, as shown in the below image.
From this post, you can clearly understand the steps to use the Subtract Function in Office 365. If you have any queries or doubts, then kindly comment us below. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
In this video, you will understand how to use the Subtract function in Excel.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Hi there, I’m Sridhar – an Excel enthusiast with over 10 years of experience working with software. I’m passionate about using Excel to solve complex problems and streamline business processes. Over the years, I have helped businesses of all sizes to improve their operations and save time and money.
Aside from working with Excel, I also enjoy writing and sharing my knowledge with others. You’ll often find me contributing to the AAW Excel blog, where I provide tips, tricks, and tutorials that are easy to understand for readers of all skill levels.