Generally, Excel is a spreadsheet program that is developed for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. It helps to perform mathematical calculations. The purpose of this software is to do complicated calculations which are difficult to do manually. With the help of this spreadsheet program, you can insert, organize, maintain, manage, and calculate data.
In addition, it offers plenty of shortcuts to finish the work more efficiently. On that note, today we will see a useful shortcut to close the current workbook in Excel. It helps to save a lot of time. Once you learn shortcuts for performing tasks on your PC, you will complete the job as quickly as possible.
For example, you are entering the student details in the workbook and suddenly someone calls you. In that situation, you don’t have to move to the File tab and select the Close option from the menu. Instead, we suggest you use a keyboard shortcut. We have given the shortcut keys for both Windows and Mac systems. You can use them accordingly.
- Use the following shortcut key to close the current workbook in Excel on your Windows system.
- To do so, you have to launch Excel software on your system.
- Then click the below-mentioned shortcut key.
|CTRL + F4||This shortcut will close the current Excel workbook on your Windows system.|
- If you are a Mac user, then you can use the following shortcut to close your current Excel workbook.
|⌘ + W||Use this shortcut to close the current workbook immediately in Excel.|
- The workbook is a collection of Spreadsheets. If we open a workbook in Excel, we need to close that after completing our work. In this case, if we use this shortcut, it will show the Pop-up in Workbook. We can save the file or don’t save it as per our wish. We can see an example image below.
- If we want to Close a New Workbook, we can use this shortcut to close the file immediately.
In conclusion, we can use the above-mentioned shortcut to close the current workbook in Excel without moving to the File menu. With the help of these shortcuts, we can save time and finish the work efficiently. If you want to know more about Excel, kindly visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
You can find more regarding this shortcut on the Quora interaction website: shortcut to close the current workbook in Excel.