VALUE Function in Excel: Excel is a spreadsheet program that is developed for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. It helps to perform calculations on your PC. The purpose of this software is to do complicated calculations which are difficult to do manually. Sometimes, we want to get the numeric value of a given date or time. At that time, we suggest you use the VALUE function in Excel.
In this article, we will show you how to use the Excel VALUE function in the spreadsheet. We have provided syntax and examples. Get the official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Explanation of VALUE Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- The Excel VALUE function converts text (number, date, or time format) into a numeric value.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the VALUE function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
- Text – The text value to convert to a number.
Now Let’s see some examples of the VALUE function and analyze how it works in Microsoft Excel.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- For example, we have entered the input date in Cell B3, and we will get the corresponding number.
- After that, you have to apply the above-mentioned formula in order to get the result, as shown in the below image.
- To get the result, you will need to click on the Enter button.
- In the following image, you can see the input range from B3:B6. It contains, time, date, dollar, & percentage values. We will apply the VALUE function to get the value of each input in the range.
- Once you get the output value in the first cell, then you just need to drag down it to fill the remaining cells, as shown in the below image.
In the above article, we have learned how to use the Excel VALUE function with a few practical examples. kindly drop your valuable suggestions/queries in the comment box. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
Use the following video to know how to apply the VALUE function on your worksheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Hi there, I’m Sridhar – an Excel enthusiast with over 10 years of experience working with software. I’m passionate about using Excel to solve complex problems and streamline business processes. Over the years, I have helped businesses of all sizes to improve their operations and save time and money.
Aside from working with Excel, I also enjoy writing and sharing my knowledge with others. You’ll often find me contributing to the AAW Excel blog, where I provide tips, tricks, and tutorials that are easy to understand for readers of all skill levels.