TRANSPOSE Function in Excel: Excel is a spreadsheet program that is developed for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. It helps to perform calculations on your PC. Sometimes, we want to transpose the values in the worksheet, for that, you can use the TRANSPOSE function.
This article describes the explanation, syntax, and usage of the TRANSPOSE function in Excel. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Explanation of TRANSPOSE Function
- This is one of the built-in functions in Excel.
- The Excel TRANSPOSE function converts a vertical range to a horizontal range or a horizontal range to a vertical range.
- It helps to change the orientation of a given range or array.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the TRANSPOSE function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
- Array – The array or range of cells to transpose.
Let’s see some examples to know how the TRANSPOSE function works in the Excel spreadsheet.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- For example, we have entered the range of input values in B2:E3. And we will change this horizontal range into a vertical range using the TRANSPOSE function.
- Now, we need to enter the above-mentioned formula to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output, as shown below.
- Let’s see one more example to make it simple for you. Now, we will transpose the vertical range into a horizontal range.
- You can see the vertical range B2:C6, as shown in the below screenshot.
- After applying the TRANSPOSE function, it will be changed into a horizontal range, as shown in the below image.
Thus, we have learned the usage of the Excel TRANSPOSE Function with a few practical examples. Hope it is useful to you. Drop your feedback in the below comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
The following video will show you how to apply the TRANSPOSE function in the Excel worksheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?