Microsoft Excel is a powerful data visualization and analysis program used all around the world. It uses spreadsheets to store, organize, or perform operations with formulas and functions. This application is developed for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. The major purpose of the software is to do complicated calculations which are difficult to do manually.
In this post, we will see how to use Excel IMTAN Function in the spreadsheet. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Description of IMTAN Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- This function returns the tangent of a complex number.
- The given complex number can be in the x+yi or x+yj text format.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the IMTAN function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
- inumber – The complex number having both real & imaginary.
Here, we come up with some examples to know how to use the IMTAN function in the Excel spreadsheet.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- For example, we have given the input complex numbers in Column B, and we will get the tangent of a complex number using the IMTAN function.
- Then, you have to enter the formula in the cell as shown below to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output, as shown below. You can drag down the cell to fill the remaining cells.
We hope that this short tutorial gives you guidelines to use Excel IMTAN Function. Please leave a comment in case of any queries, and don’t forget to mention your valuable suggestions as well. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
The following video will show you how to apply the Excel IMTAN function in the worksheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?