Microsoft Excel is a powerful data visualization and analysis program used all around the world. It uses spreadsheets to store, organize, or perform operations with formulas and functions. This application is developed for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. The IMSQRT function returns the complex Square root of the complex number (inumber) having both real & imaginary parts.
In this article, we are going to see how to use the IMSQRT Function In Excel. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Description of IMSQRT Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- This function returns the square root of a given complex number.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the IMSQRT function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
=IMSQRT( inumber )
- number – complex number having both real & imaginary
1) If the given argument is not a proper complex number, then it returns #NUM! Error.
2) In case, the given argument is a logical value, it returns #VALUE! Error.
Here we come up with some examples to know how to apply the Excel IMSQRT function in the worksheet.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- For example, we have given the range of complex numbers in Column B, as shown below.
- Then, we have to apply the above-mentioned formula to get the result, as shown in the following screenshot.
- Finally, we need to click on the Enter button to get the result. Drag-down the first cell to fill the remaining cells.
- If the given argument is not a proper complex number, then it returns #NUM! Error.
- In case, the given argument is a logical value, it returns #VALUE! Error.
We hope that this short tutorial gives you guidelines to use the Excel IMSQRT function. Please leave a comment in case of any queries, and don’t forget to mention your valuable suggestions as well. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
The following video will show you how to apply the Excel IMSQRT function in the spreadsheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Deepak is an Excel enthusiast and data analyst with over 5 years of experience in the field. I’m a renowned author for AAW Excel who connects with a committed group of Excel users by imparting his professional knowledge and helpful advice. No matter your level of Excel proficiency, my articles and tutorials will teach you something new and beneficial. Connect me via my social links!… Mastodon & More!