Microsoft Excel is a powerful data visualization and analysis program used all around the world. It uses spreadsheets to store, organize, or perform operations with formulas and functions. If you want to find out the quotient of two complex numbers in the spreadsheet, then we suggest you use the IMDIV function.
This function returns the division of the complex numbers. In this article, we will see how to use Excel IMDIV Function. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Description of IMDIV Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- The IMDIV function returns the quotient of two complex numbers in Excel.
- The given complex number can be in x + yi or x + yj text format.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the IMDIV function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
- inumber1 – First complex number which is to be divided.
- inumber2 – Second complex number which is to be divided by the first complex number.
Here, we come up with some examples to know how to use the IMDIV function in the Excel spreadsheet.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- For example, we have given the complex numbers in Columns B and C, and we will get the quotient of these complex numbers using the IMDIV function.
- Then, you have to enter the formula in the cell as shown below to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output, as shown below. You can drag down the cell to fill the remaining cells.
We hope that this short tutorial gives you guidelines to use Excel IMDIV Function. Please leave a comment in case of any queries, and don’t forget to mention your valuable suggestions as well. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
The following video will show you how to apply the Excel IMDIV function in the spreadsheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Deepak is an Excel enthusiast and data analyst with over 5 years of experience in the field. I’m a renowned author for AAW Excel who connects with a committed group of Excel users by imparting his professional knowledge and helpful advice. No matter your level of Excel proficiency, my articles and tutorials will teach you something new and beneficial. Connect me via my social links!… Mastodon & More!