Excel is a spreadsheet program that is developed for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. It helps to perform calculations on your PC. The purpose of this software is to do complicated calculations which are difficult to do manually. If you want to get the cosine of the complex number, we suggest you use the IMCOS function.
In this blog post, we will explain to you how to use Excel IMCOS Function. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Description of IMCOS Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- The IMCOS function returns the cosine of a complex number.
- The given complex number can be in x + yi or x + yj text format.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the IMCOS function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
- inumber – The complex number having both real & imaginary.
Here, we come up with some examples to know how to use the IMCOS function in the Excel spreadsheet.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- For example, we have given the complex numbers in Column B, and we will get the cosine of these complex numbers using the IMCOS function.
- Then, you have to enter the formula in the cell as shown below to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output, as shown below. You can drag down the cell to fill the remaining cells.
We hope that this short tutorial gives you guidelines to use Excel IMCOS Function. Please leave a comment in case of any queries, and don’t forget to mention your valuable suggestions as well. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
Use the following video to know how to apply the Excel IMCOS function in the spreadsheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Deepak is an Excel enthusiast and data analyst with over 5 years of experience in the field. I’m a renowned author for AAW Excel who connects with a committed group of Excel users by imparting his professional knowledge and helpful advice. No matter your level of Excel proficiency, my articles and tutorials will teach you something new and beneficial. Connect me via my social links!… Mastodon & More!