Microsoft Excel is a powerful data visualization and analysis program used all around the world. It uses spreadsheets to store, organize, or perform operations with formulas and functions. Sometimes, we entered the time as an input value, and we want to extract the Seconds.
Here, we will analyze the basic syntax and usage of the SECOND function in Excel with some examples. Get the official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Explanation of SECOND Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Excel.
- The Excel SECOND Function returns the seconds from a time value.
- It returns the output as an integer ranging from 0 to 59.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the SECOND function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
Serial Number: It is the value from which you want to extract the “second”.
Let’s focus on some examples of the SECOND function and explore how to use it in Microsoft Excel.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- For example, we have entered the input value in cell B3, and we will extract the seconds from it.
- After that, you have to apply the above-mentioned formula in order to get the result, as shown in the below image.
- To get the result, you will need to click on the Enter button.
- Let’s see one more example to make it clear. In case, the input value does not contain the second’s value, it will return the value 0. You can see that in the following screenshot.
We expect that this article helped you to make use of the SECOND Function in Excel efficiently. In addition, the practical examples let you understand the usage of the SECOND function even more simpler. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
The following video will show you how to apply the SECOND Function in Excel.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Deepak is an Excel enthusiast and data analyst with over 5 years of experience in the field. I’m a renowned author for AAW Excel who connects with a committed group of Excel users by imparting his professional knowledge and helpful advice. No matter your level of Excel proficiency, my articles and tutorials will teach you something new and beneficial. Connect me via my social links!… Mastodon & More!