Excel is full of features, and we can do anything with it. You can use built-in functions and formulas to perform various mathematical operations. If you want to extract the characters from the right side of a text string, then Right Function will be the right choice to use in Excel. It is a built-in function and categorized under TEXT Functions.
This article gives you an illustration of the explanation, syntax, and usage of the Right function in Excel. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Description of Right Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Excel.
- The Right function is used to extract the texts with the given number of characters from the right side.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the RIGHT function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
- Text – The input text string.
Let’s grasp some examples of the Right function and explore how it works in Microsoft Excel.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- For example, we have entered the input value in Cell B3, and we want to get the rightmost character from it.
- After that, we have to apply the above-mentioned formula to get the result.
- To get the result, you will need to click on the Enter button.
- Let’s see another example to make it clear. In case, you want to get a specific number or range of characters, then you have to mention it as shown in the below screenshot.
- Now, it will extract the characters from position 5, and you will get the result, as shown below.
This article gives you clarification about the explanation, basic syntax, and usage of the Right Function with a few practical examples. Kindly drop your valuable suggestions/queries in the comment box & Don’t forget to drop your worthwhile Feedback. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
This video will show you how to apply the RIGHT function in Excel.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Deepak is an Excel enthusiast and data analyst with over 5 years of experience in the field. I’m a renowned author for AAW Excel who connects with a committed group of Excel users by imparting his professional knowledge and helpful advice. No matter your level of Excel proficiency, my articles and tutorials will teach you something new and beneficial. Connect me via my social links!… Mastodon & More!