Microsoft Excel is a powerful data visualization and analysis program used all around the world. It uses spreadsheets to store, organize, or perform operations with formulas and functions. Sometimes, you want to repeat the characters a specified number of times on your worksheet. You cannot do that manually, as it is difficult when we have huge data.
For doing it quickly on the worksheet, we suggest you use the Excel REPT function. This function returns the characters a given number of times on your spreadsheet. This article describes the how to use the REPT function in Excel with proper syntax and explanation. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Explanation of REPT Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- The Excel REPT function repeats characters a specified number of times.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the REPT function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
- Text: The input text to repeat.
Let’s see some examples to make it clear how the REPT function works on your spreadsheet.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- For example, we have entered the input values in cells B3 & C3. We are going to apply the REPT function for this input.
- Now, we need to enter the above-mentioned formula to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output, as shown below.
- In the following image, you will see a range of input values, and we will apply the REPT function to get the result.
- Once you get the first value, you can simply drag down the cell to fill the remaining values, as shown in the below image.
In the above article, we have discussed the explanation, syntax, and usage of the REPT Function with a few practical examples. Kindly, leave your feedback in the below comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
The following video will show you how to use the Excel REPT function in the worksheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Hi there, I’m Sridhar – an Excel enthusiast with over 10 years of experience working with software. I’m passionate about using Excel to solve complex problems and streamline business processes. Over the years, I have helped businesses of all sizes to improve their operations and save time and money.
Aside from working with Excel, I also enjoy writing and sharing my knowledge with others. You’ll often find me contributing to the AAW Excel blog, where I provide tips, tricks, and tutorials that are easy to understand for readers of all skill levels.