A minute is a unit of time that equals sixty seconds. Excel uses the Minute Function to return the Minutes as a number from 0 to 59 from the given time. Minute Function is a Built-in Function in Excel and categorized as a Date/Time Function. If you want to use this function, then we will help you to do that.
In this post, we describe the usage of the MINUTE Function in Excel. Get the official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Description of MINUTE Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- The MINUTE function will extract the minute component of a time as a number between 0-59.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the MINUTE function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
- For example =Minute(A1), here the Minute Function will take the minute value from cell A1.
- We can specify the time in Hours: Minutes: Seconds format.
- serial_number – It represents the valid input date.
Use Minute Function
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- In the following image, you can see the input value in cell B3, and we will get the minute value from that cell.
- After that, we need to apply the above-mentioned formula in order to get the result in the spreadsheet.
- To execute the function, you need to click on the Enter button and get the minute value from the given time.
- Let’s see another set of values to know how the MINUTE function works in Excel.
- The below-given image will show you the input range from B3:B6 and we will apply the MINUTE function to all of them.
- After executing the function, we will get only the minute value from the given data as shown in the below screenshot.
This article gives you detailed information on how to use the Minute Function in Excel Office 365. We discussed the usage of the Minute Function with practical examples. If you have any queries regarding this article, share them in the below comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
This video will let you know how to apply the MINUTE function in the Excel spreadsheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Deepak is an Excel enthusiast and data analyst with over 5 years of experience in the field. I’m a renowned author for AAW Excel who connects with a committed group of Excel users by imparting his professional knowledge and helpful advice. No matter your level of Excel proficiency, my articles and tutorials will teach you something new and beneficial. Connect me via my social links!… Mastodon & More!