Microsoft Excel is the most popular spreadsheet program that helps to perform various mathematical calculations within a few seconds using its built-in features such as formulas and functions. On that note, If you want to add two complex numbers to your Excel worksheet, you can use the IMSUM function.
In this article, we will learn how to use IMSUM Function in Excel with its syntax, explanation, and examples. Leave your feedback in the comment section. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Explanation of IMSUM Function
- This function is used to find the sum of the two complex numbers.
- Generally, the complex number is in the form of X+Yi or X+Yj.
- Where X and Y are real numbers, and i or j is an imaginary number.
- X is a real part, and Yi is an imaginary part.
- The sample complex numbers are 9+3i and 4-i.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the IMSUM function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you must select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, click the Enter button to get the result.
=IMSUM(inumber1, [inumber2], …)
- Inumber 1 and Inumber 2 – Both are complex numbers.
1) The difference between two complex numbers is calculated as follows.
2) “(a+bi)+(c+di) = (a + c) + (b + d)i”
3) You can use a COMPLEX Function to convert real and imaginary coefficients to a complex number.
Let’s see an example to know how the IMSUM function works in the worksheet.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch the worksheet with data.
- For instance, we have given the input values in the range B3:C6. And we will get the sum of given complex numbers using the IMSUM function.
- Then, you have to enter the formula in the cell as shown below to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output.
- Once you get the output for the first cell, then you can drag down the cell to the below to get the result of the remaining cells.
In the above article, you can learn the usage of the IMSUM Function in Excel with its syntax, description, and examples. Share your feedback in the comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage, Aawexcel.com.
The following video will show you how to apply the IMSUM function in the Excel spreadsheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?