IMREAL Function in Excel: Microsoft Excel is a powerful data visualization and analysis program used worldwide. It uses spreadsheets to store, organize, or perform operations with formulas and functions. We can include Complex numbers in the Excel worksheet. In case, you want to get the real coefficient of the complex numbers then we suggest you use the IMREAL function.
Here we come up with the Excel IMREAL Function with its syntax, explanation, and examples. Let’s get into this article!! Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Definition of IMREAL Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- The IMREAL function will return the real coefficient of a complex number in the form of (X+Yi ).
- Where X is a real coefficient, Y is an imaginary coefficient.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the IMREAL function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
Inumber – A complex number in which you want to get the real co-efficient.
Note: You can use a COMPLEX function to convert real and imaginary coefficients to a complex number.
Let’s see an example to know how IMREAL Function works in the Excel spreadsheet.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- For example, we have shown you a range of complex numbers in column A and we will get the Real coefficients of each number using the IMREAL function.
- Then, you have to enter the formula in the cell as shown below to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output, as shown below. You can drag down the cell to fill the remaining cells.
A Short Synopsis
This article can understand how to use IMREAL Function in Excel with its syntax, description, and examples. Share your feedback in the below comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
The following video will show you how to apply the IMREAL Function in Excel.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?