HYPERLINK Function in Excel: Usually, we use hyperlinks to attach the web content from external websites. Through this hyperlinks, we can easily navigate between web pages. You need to know that, both images and text can be used to create a hyperlink. We can do anything with Excel. It will make our work simple and easy. Because it provides various built-in formulas and functions.
If you want to apply the hyperlink to your data in Excel, then we will help you to do that on the right path. This article describes the explanation, syntax, and usage of the HYPERLINK function in Excel. Get the official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Explanation of HYPERLINK Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- With the help of this HYPERLINK function, we can construct a clickable hyperlink.
- This function will attach links to workbook locations, pages on the internet, or files on network servers.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the HYPERLINK function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
- link_location – The path to the file or page to be opened.
- friendly_name – It is an optional one. The link text to display in a cell.
Let’s look at the examples of HYPERLINK function and explore how it works in Microsoft Excel.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- First of all, if you want to create a link, you will need to have the link address.
- For example, we have shown the name and target link in the cells B3 and C3 respectively. We will add the target link to the given name using the HYPERLINK function so that it will become a clickable link in the Excel spreadsheet.
- Then, we have to apply the above-mentioned formula and hit the Enter button in order to get the result.
- Once you have executed the formula, you will get the result, as shown in the following screenshot.
- In the following image, you can see that we have added some more names and target links for your reference.
- We have given the input data in the range B3:C5 and apply the formula in cell E3.
- After applying the formula, hit the Enter button to get the output.
- We need to drag the E3 cell down to fill the remaining cells, as shown in the below screenshot.
So far, we have discussed the explanation, syntax, and usage of the HYPERLINK Function with a few practical examples. Is this article useful? then kindly drop your valuable suggestions/queries in the comment box. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
The below-given video will show you how to create a clickable link in the Excel spreadsheet using the HYPERLINK function.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Hi there, I’m Sridhar – an Excel enthusiast with over 10 years of experience working with software. I’m passionate about using Excel to solve complex problems and streamline business processes. Over the years, I have helped businesses of all sizes to improve their operations and save time and money.
Aside from working with Excel, I also enjoy writing and sharing my knowledge with others. You’ll often find me contributing to the AAW Excel blog, where I provide tips, tricks, and tutorials that are easy to understand for readers of all skill levels.