HEX2DEC Function in Excel: Microsoft Excel is a powerful data visualization and analysis program used all around the world. It uses spreadsheets to store, organize, or perform operations with formulas and functions. If you want to convert the hexadecimal values into decimal numbers, then you can use the HEX2DEC function.
This article will learn how to use HEX2DEC Function in Excel with its basic syntax, description, and examples. Get the official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Description of HEX2DEC Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- Using the HEX2DEC function, you can easily convert the hexadecimal value into a decimal value.
- This function is just the opposite of the DEC2HEX Function in Excel.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the HEX2DEC function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you must select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, click the Enter button to get the result.
- Number – The number you want to convert into a decimal value.
1) If the input is not a valid hexadecimal number, it returns #NUM! Error.
2) The hexadecimal numbers or values must not contain any negative sign in front of it.
The following are examples of the HEX2DEC function for your reference.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch the worksheet with data.
- For instance, we have given the input values in the range B3:B6. And we will find out decimal values that are equal to the given hexadecimal values using the HEX2DEC function.
- Then, you have to enter the formula in the cell as shown below to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output.
- Once you get the output for the first cell, then you can drag down the cell to the below to get the result of the remaining cells.
Input that Causes Error
- If the input is not a valid hexadecimal number, it returns #NUM! Error.
In this article, you can learn the usage of the HEX2DEC Function in Excel with its syntax, description, and examples. Drop your suggestions in the below comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage, Aawexcel.com.
You can use the following video to know how to apply the HEX2DEC function in the worksheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Deepak is an Excel enthusiast and data analyst with over 5 years of experience in the field. I’m a renowned author for AAW Excel who connects with a committed group of Excel users by imparting his professional knowledge and helpful advice. No matter your level of Excel proficiency, my articles and tutorials will teach you something new and beneficial. Connect me via my social links!… Mastodon & More!