Excel VSTACK Function: Microsoft Excel is a powerful data manipulation tool and it is used all over the world. With the help of this tool, we can do any kind of operation within a few minutes. Because it offers various built-in formulas and functions to the users. If you want to merge or combine the array vertically on your spreadsheet, you can use the VSTACK function.
Let’s see the steps to know how to use the Excel VSTACK function in the worksheet with its syntax, explanation, and examples. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Explanation of VSTACK Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- The VSTACK function can combine or merge the arrays vertically into a single array on your worksheet.
- It will add the arrays at the bottom of the previous array.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the VSTACK function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you must select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, click on the Enter button to get the result.
=VSTACK (array1, [array2], …)
- array1 – The first array or range to combine.
- array2 – It is an optional one. The second array or range to combine.
Let’s look at some practical examples of the VSTACK Function and explore how to use it in Microsoft Excel.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch the worksheet with data.
- For instance, we have given two arrays in the ranges B3:C6 and B9:C11. And we will combine these arrays using the VSTACK function.
- Then, you have to enter the formula in the cell as shown below to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output.
Thus, we have learned how to use the Excel VSTACK function in the worksheet using its syntax. The provided example helped you to understand it well. If you have any queries, kindly drop them in the below comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
The following video will show you how to apply the VSTACK function in the worksheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Deepak is an Excel enthusiast and data analyst with over 5 years of experience in the field. I’m a renowned author for AAW Excel who connects with a committed group of Excel users by imparting his professional knowledge and helpful advice. No matter your level of Excel proficiency, my articles and tutorials will teach you something new and beneficial. Connect me via my social links!… Mastodon & More!