Excel VARPA Function: Excel is a spreadsheet program that is developed for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. The purpose of this software is to do complicated calculations which are difficult to do manually. To find out the variance of a population of data in the worksheet, we suggest you use the Excel VARPA function.
This function describes the usage of the Excel VARPA Function with its syntax, description, and examples. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Description of VARPA Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- This function is used to calculate variance based on the entire population.
- It can be manually calculated by using the below-given formula.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the VARPA function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
=VARPA(number1, [number2], …)
- Number 1 – It is the first input number or cell reference.
- Number 2 – It is an optional one. It can be a number or cell reference.
1) The arguments can be Numbers, Names, Arrays, or References.
2) If the argument contains TRUE, it will evaluate as 1.
3) If the argument contains Text or FALSE, this function evaluates it as 0.
The following table explains that the list of functions will consider the text and logical value, but will not consider the text and logical values.
|Function Name||Data Set||Text and logical Value|
|VAR||Sample||It will be Ignored|
|VARP||Population||It will be Ignored|
|VAR.S||Sample||It will be Ignored|
|VAR.P||Population||It will be Ignored|
|VARA||Sample||It will Evaluate|
|VARPA||Population||It will Evaluate|
Let’s see some examples to understand how VARPA Function will work.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- For example, we have given a range of input values in B2:B10 and we will get the variance of the given samples using the VARPA function.
- Then, we have to apply the above-mentioned formula to get the result, as shown in the following screenshot.
- Finally, we need to click on the Enter button to get the result.
The following mathematical calculation explains the working of VARPA Function in Excel.
- If the argument contains TRUE, it will evaluate as 1.
- If the argument contains Text or FALSE, this function evaluates it as 0.
From the above image, you can clearly able to see that the VARPA function evaluates the text and logical values and generates the result.
In this article, you can learn the usage of Excel VARPA Function with its syntax, description, and examples. Share your feedback in the below comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
The following video will help you to know how to apply the VARPA function in the spreadsheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?