Excel VARA Function: Excel is a spreadsheet program that is developed for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. It helps to perform calculations on your PC. The purpose of this software is to do complicated calculations which are difficult to do manually. If you want to find the variance of a sample of data, you can use the VARA function.
In this article, we are going to see the usage of Excel VARA Function with its syntax, description, and examples. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Description of VARA Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- The VARA Function will calculate the variance based on the given sample.
- This function evaluates the text and logical values.
- It can be manually calculated by using the below-given formula.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the VARA function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
=VARA(number1, [number2], …)
- Number1 – It is the first input number or cell reference.
- Number2 – It is an optional one. It can be a number or cell reference.
1) The arguments can be Numbers, Names, Arrays, or References.
2) This function evaluates Boolean values and Text in Excel.
The following table explains that the list of functions will consider the text and logical value, will not consider the text and logical values.
|Function Name||Data Set||Text and logical Value|
|VAR||Sample||It will be Ignored|
|VARP||Population||It will be Ignored|
|VAR.S||Sample||It will be Ignored|
|VAR.P||Population||It will be Ignored|
|VARA||Sample||It will Evaluate|
|VARPA||Population||It will Evaluate|
Let’s see some examples to understand how VARA Function will work.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- For example, we have given a range of input values in B2:B10 and we will get the variance of the given samples using the VARA function.
- Then, we have to apply the above-mentioned formula to get the result, as shown in the following screenshot.
- Finally, we need to click on the Enter button to get the result.
The following mathematical calculation explains the working of the VARA Function in Excel.
Input Boolean Values
- This function evaluates Boolean values and Text in Excel.
From the above image that you can clearly able to see that the VARA function evaluates the text and logical values and generates the result.
In the above article, you can understand the usage of Excel VARA Function with its syntax, description, and examples. Give your suggestions in the below comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
The following video will help you to know how to apply the VARA function in the spreadsheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Deepak is an Excel enthusiast and data analyst with over 5 years of experience in the field. I’m a renowned author for AAW Excel who connects with a committed group of Excel users by imparting his professional knowledge and helpful advice. No matter your level of Excel proficiency, my articles and tutorials will teach you something new and beneficial. Connect me via my social links!… Mastodon & More!