Excel VALUETOTEXT Function: Microsoft Excel is a powerful data visualization and analysis program used all around the world. It uses spreadsheets to store, organize, or perform operations with formulas and functions. This application is developed for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. The major purpose of the software is to do complicated calculations which are difficult to do manually.
Today, we will learn quick instructions to know how to use the Excel VALUETOTEXT function in the spreadsheet using its syntax, explanation, and examples. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Explanation of VALUETOTEXT Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- The VALUETOTEXT function can convert the value to the text in the Excel worksheet.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the VALUETOTEXT function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you must select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, click on the Enter button to get the result.
=VALUETOTEXT (value, [format])
- value – The input value to convert to text.
- format – It is an optional one. Output format. 0 = concise (default), and 1 = strict.
Let’s look at some practical examples of the VALUETOTEXT Function and explore how to use it in Microsoft Excel.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch the worksheet with data.
- For instance, we have given some input values in the range B3:B7. And we will convert them into text using the VALUETOTEXT function.
- Then, you have to enter the formula in the cell as shown below to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output.
- Once you get the output in the first cell, you need to drag down the cell to fill the remaining cells.
This useful post helped you to know how to use the Excel VALUETOTEXT function in the worksheet. Kindly drop your feedback in the below comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
The following video will show you how to apply the VALUETOTEXT function in the worksheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?