Use TYPE Function in Excel: Excel is a spreadsheet program that is developed for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. It helps to perform calculations on your PC. The purpose of this software is to do complicated calculations which are difficult to do manually. If you want to find the type of the given value in Excel, then we suggest you use the TYPE Function.
This guide will help you to know the usage of Excel Type Function with its syntax, definition, and examples. Let’s get into this article!! Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Definition of TYPE Function
- This function will return a type of value in Excel.
- It represents the type in five categories, as shown in the below table.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the TYPE function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
Value – The input value to which you want to find the type.
You must not use the Type function for the cell contains a formula. In this case, it returns the type of the output value.
Let’s see some examples to make it clear how to apply the TYPE function in Excel.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- For example, we have entered an input number in Cell B3, and we are going to get the type for this input.
- Now, we need to enter the above-mentioned formula to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output, as shown below.
- In the following image, you will see a range of input values, and we will see the type of each value with the help of the TYPE function.
- Once you get the first value, you can simply drag down the cell to fill the remaining values, as shown in the below image.
If you give the input value as “TRUE” or “FALSE” within the Quotation then, the TYPE Function considers as a string and returns the output as 2 (text).
By reading the above article, you can learn how to use Excel Type Function. We have also provided its syntax, definition, and examples. Drop your feedback in the comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
The following video will show you how to use the Excel TYPE function in your spreadsheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Hi there, I’m Sridhar – an Excel enthusiast with over 10 years of experience working with software. I’m passionate about using Excel to solve complex problems and streamline business processes. Over the years, I have helped businesses of all sizes to improve their operations and save time and money.
Aside from working with Excel, I also enjoy writing and sharing my knowledge with others. You’ll often find me contributing to the AAW Excel blog, where I provide tips, tricks, and tutorials that are easy to understand for readers of all skill levels.