Excel TOROW Function: Microsoft Excel is a powerful data visualization and analysis program used all around the world. It uses spreadsheets to store, organize, or perform operations with formulas and functions. If you want to transform a range of input values into a row, then you can use the TOROW function in Excel.
This post will show you how to use the Excel TOROW function in the worksheet with an example. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Definition of TOROW Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- The TOROW function transforms an array into a single row in the spreadsheet.
- By default, TOROW will scan values by row, but it can also scan values by column.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the TOROW function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you must select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, click on the Enter button to get the result.
=TOROW (array, ignore, scan_by_column)
- array – The input array to transform.
- ignore – Control to ignore blanks and errors.
- scan_by_column – Scan array by column. TRUE = column, FALSE = row (default = TRUE).
Let’s look at some practical examples of the TOROW Function and explore how to use it in Microsoft Excel.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch the worksheet with data.
- For instance, we have given a range of values as shown in the below screenshot. And we will transform them into a row using the TOROW function.
- Then, you have to enter the formula in the cell as shown below to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output.
This post helped you to know how to use the Excel TOROW function in the worksheet with an example. Leave your comments in the below comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
The following video will show you how to use the Excel TOROW function in the spreadsheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Deepak is an Excel enthusiast and data analyst with over 5 years of experience in the field. I’m a renowned author for AAW Excel who connects with a committed group of Excel users by imparting his professional knowledge and helpful advice. No matter your level of Excel proficiency, my articles and tutorials will teach you something new and beneficial. Connect me via my social links!… Mastodon & More!