Excel SQRT Function: Microsoft Excel is a powerful data visualization and analysis program used all around the world. It uses spreadsheets to store, organize, or perform operations with formulas and functions. If you want to find out the square root of the given positive numbers, you can use the SQRT function.
In this article, we are going to learn how to use Excel SQRT Function with its syntax, description, and examples. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Description of SQRT Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- This function returns the square root of a positive integer.
- If the number is negative, it will show an error.
- For example, SQRT(25) returns the value 5.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the SQRT function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
- Number – The input number for which you want the square root value.
1) If the input is a negative number and then it will show #NUM! Error.
2) If the argument is a non-numeric value (letters and special characters) and then it returns #VALUE! Error.
Let’s see some examples to make it clear.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- For example, we have given the range of input values in Column B, as shown below.
- Then, we have to apply the above-mentioned formula to get the result, as shown in the following screenshot.
- Finally, we need to click on the Enter button to get the result. Drag-down the first cell to fill the remaining cells.
- If the input is a negative number and then it will show #NUM! Error.
- If the argument is a non-numeric value (letters and special characters) and then it returns #VALUE! Error.
In this article, you will understand the usage of Excel SQRT Function with its syntax, description, and examples. Give your feedback in the below comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
The following video will show you how to use the Excel SQRT function in the spreadsheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?