Excel is a spreadsheet program that is developed for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. It helps to perform calculations on your PC. You can also use graphic tools, pivot tables, and a macro programming language called Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). Macros and VBA help to automate the task, so you can quickly finish a huge work without spending more time in Excel.
In this post, you will learn the usage of Excel SIGN Function with its syntax, description, and examples. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Description of SIGN Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- This function returns the sign of the given number.
- If the number is positive (0 to ∞) and then it returns 1.
- This function will return -1 if the input number is negative (-∞ to 0 ),
- If the number is zero, the SIGN function will return 0.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the SIGN function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
Number – The input number to get the sign.
Note: If the argument is a non-numeric value (letters and special characters) and then it returns #VALUE! Error.
Let us see how to apply the SIGN function on your worksheet with a few practical examples.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- For example, we have entered an input number in Cell B3, and we are going to get the sign for this input.
- Now, we need to enter the above-mentioned formula to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output, as shown below.
- In the following image, you will see a range of input values, and we will get the sign for those values using the SIGN function.
- Once you get the first value, you can simply drag down the cell to fill the remaining values, as shown in the below image.
End of the Article
In the above article, you can clearly understand the usage of Excel SIGN Function in with its syntax, description, and examples. Kindly, drop your feedback in the below comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
The following video will show you how to use the Excel SIGN function in your Excel worksheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?