Excel is a spreadsheet program that is developed for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. It helps to perform calculations on your PC. The purpose of this software is to do complicated calculations which are difficult to do manually. With the help of this spreadsheet program, you can insert, organize, maintain, manage, and calculate data.
Today, we will see the instructions to know how to use the Excel SEQUENCE function in the spreadsheet with its syntax, explanation, and a few examples. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Definition of SEQUENCE function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- The SEQUENCE function is used to generate a list of sequential numbers in an array.
- In this function, the array can be one dimensional, or two-dimensional, determined by rows and columns arguments.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the SEQUENCE function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you must select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, click on the Enter button to get the result.
=SEQUENCE (rows, [columns], [start], [step])
- rows – Number of rows to return.
- columns – It is an optional one. Number of columns to return.
- start – Starting value (defaults to 1). It is an optional one.
- step – [optional] Increment between each value (defaults to 1).
What Will SEQUENCE Function DO?
The SEQUENCE function is a built-in function in Excel. This function generates a list of sequential numbers in an array. With its help, we can get one-dimensional or two-dimensional arrays based on the specific number of rows and columns.
For example, if you want to get the 5 rows and 3 columns of sequence numbers in a specific range of your worksheet. We have entered the formula in cell B2. Use the below-mentioned formula to get the values.
Now, click on the Enter button to execute it and get the result. It will quickly apply the array of numbers in the specified range, as shown in the below screenshot.
Let’s look at some practical examples of the SEQUENCE Function and explore how to use it in Microsoft Excel.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch the worksheet with data.
- For instance, we will generate a list of sequential numbers in the array using the SEQUENCE function.
- Then, you have to enter the formula in the cell as shown below to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output.
We all know that the SEQUENCE function is a built-in function in Excel that helps to get a range of values in the worksheet. We have understood the purpose of SEQUENCE logical expression with the help of the site: Sequence in Maths and Excel SEQUENCE Function.
From this post, we have learned the usage of the Excel SEQUENCE function in the worksheet with a few examples. Drop your feedback in the below comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
If you want to know what people think about this SEQUENCE Function of Excel, then we suggest you look for it on the Quora interaction webpage. From where you can get to know more regarding the Excel SEQUENCE function. Here, we have provided the link to Quora’s official website: SEQUENCE Function in Excel.
Use the following video to know how to apply the SEQUENCE function in the worksheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?