Microsoft Excel is a powerful data visualization and analysis program used worldwide. It uses spreadsheets to store, organize, or perform operations with formulas and functions. This application is developed for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. If you want to create an array with random numbers, then we suggest you use the RANDARRAY function.
Have you ever tried to use these functions In your Excel Spreadsheet? In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to use the Excel RANDARRAY Function In Excel Worksheet. Let’s get them below!! Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Definition of RANDARRAY function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- The RANDARRAY function returns an array of random numbers.
- You can specify the number of rows and columns to fill, minimum and maximum values, and whether to return whole numbers or decimal values.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the RANDARRAY function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you must select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, click on the Enter button to get the result.
- [rows] – The number of numbers that you want vertically (number of rows you want to fill).
- [columns] – The number of numbers that you want horizontally (number of columns you want to fill).
- [min] – The starting number or the minimum value of the random number/s.
- [max] – The maximum range of the number.
- [integer] – Set it true, if you want the random numbers to be whole numbers. By default, it is false and returns fractional random numbers.
Use RANDARRAY Function
Let’s look at some practical examples of the RANDARRAY Function and explore how to use it in Microsoft Excel.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch the worksheet with data.
- For instance, we are going to create an array with five rows and five columns using the RANDARRAY function.
- Then, you have to enter the formula in the cell as shown below to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output.
From this chapter, you can get some clarification about how to use the Excel RANDARRAY Function In Excel Worksheet. Let me know if you have any doubts regarding this article or any other Excel/VBA topic. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
Use the following video to know how to apply the RANDARRAY function in the worksheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Hi there, I’m Sridhar – an Excel enthusiast with over 10 years of experience working with software. I’m passionate about using Excel to solve complex problems and streamline business processes. Over the years, I have helped businesses of all sizes to improve their operations and save time and money.
Aside from working with Excel, I also enjoy writing and sharing my knowledge with others. You’ll often find me contributing to the AAW Excel blog, where I provide tips, tricks, and tutorials that are easy to understand for readers of all skill levels.