RAND Function in Excel: Excel RAND Function is one of the built-in functions. It is categorized as the Math/Trigonometry function. The term “RAND” refers to Random numbers, so you can use this function to generate a number greater than or equal to 0 and less than 1. Sometimes, we want to generate random numbers for various reasons.
In this case, we can quickly do this with the help of the Excel RAND function. In this article, we will see how to use the Excel RAND Function in the spreadsheet with its syntax, explanation, and examples. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Explanation of RAND Function
- RAND Function returns the random number between 0 and 1.
- Excel returns a new random number each time the worksheet is calculated.
- For example, RAND() will return a random number like 0.785934.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the RAND function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
1) Use the following formula to calculate the random number between two numbers ( a and b ).
3) If you want to generate a set of random numbers in multiple cells, you need to select the cells then, type RAND() in the formula bar, and press the following keys: CTRL+ENTER
Analyze RAND Function and know how it works in the Excel spreadsheet.
- Here, we have shown the generated random numbers using RAND() Function in Column B.
- By using this simple function, we can generate n number of random numbers between 0 and 1 in the Excel spreadsheet.
Generate a Set of Random Numbers
- If you want to generate a set of random numbers in multiple cells, you need to select the cells then, type RAND() in the formula bar, and press the following keys: CTRL + ENTER
From the above two examples, you can understand how RAND() function works.
In this article, you can understand the usage of the Excel RAND() Function in Office 365 with its syntax, explanation, and examples. Drop your feedback in the below comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
The following video will show you how to apply the Excel RAND function in the worksheet.
Frequently Asked Questions
RAND function will return random real numbers greater than or equal to 0 and less than 1.
Microsoft Excel provides 500+ built-in functions for performing mathematical calculations.
The Excel RAND function will return a random number between 0 and 1, and the RANDBETWEEN function returns a value from the specified range.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?