Microsoft Excel is a powerful data visualization and analysis program used all around the world. It uses spreadsheets to store, organize, or perform operations with formulas and functions. This application is developed for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. The major purpose of the software is to do complicated calculations which are difficult to do manually.
If you want to find the Quartile value of the set of input values on your spreadsheet, then we suggest you use the Excel QUARTILE function. In this useful post, we will guide you to know the steps to use the QUARTILE function in Excel. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Explanation of QUARTILE Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- This function returns the quartile of a given set of data.
- QUARTILE function returns the first quartile, second quartile, third quartile, minimum and maximum value.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the QUARTILE function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
Array – It is the input array or cell range with numeric values for which you need to find the quartile value.
Quart – This is the quartile value to return.
The quart argument determines which quartile value to return, and it accepts only four values, they are given in the below table.
1) If the array is empty and then this function returns #NUM! Error.
2) If the quart argument is less than 0 or greater than 4, it will return #NUM! Error.
3) If the quart argument is non-numeric values such as letters and symbols and then this function returns #VALUE! Error.
Let’s see some examples to clearly understand the QUARTILE function.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- For example, we have shown you the input range B3:B8, and we have entered the quartile values in D3:D6.
- Then, we have to apply the above-mentioned formula in Cell F3, as shown in the following screenshot.
- Finally, we need to click on the Enter button to get the result. Then, you will need to drag down the first cell to fill the remaining range of cells.
Input that Causes Error
- If the quart argument is less than 0 or greater than 4, it will return #NUM! Error.
- If the quart argument is non-numeric values such as letters and symbols and then this function returns #VALUE! Error.
From this post, you can understand the usage of Excel QUARTILE Function in Office 365 with its syntax, explanation, and examples. Leave your suggestions in the below comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
In the following video, you will surely understand how to apply the QUARTILE function on your Excel spreadsheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Deepak is an Excel enthusiast and data analyst with over 5 years of experience in the field. I’m a renowned author for AAW Excel who connects with a committed group of Excel users by imparting his professional knowledge and helpful advice. No matter your level of Excel proficiency, my articles and tutorials will teach you something new and beneficial. Connect me via my social links!… Mastodon & More!