PERCENTRANK.INC Function: Microsoft Excel is a powerful data visualization and analysis program used all around the world. It uses spreadsheets to store, organize, or perform operations with formulas and functions. This application is developed for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
In this guide, we will see the usage of Excel PERCENTRANK.INC Function with its syntax, explanation, and examples. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Explanation of PERCENTRANK.INC Function
- This function returns the rank of a value in a data set as a percentage of the data set inclusive of first and last values.
- It can be used to evaluate the relative standing of a value within a data set.
- This function is similar to the PERCENTRANK Function.
- The below image has shown the function behavior of the related functions.
|PERCENTRANK||It will find the percentage rank inclusive of the first and last values in the array.||Inclusive|
|PERCENTRANK.EXC||It will find the percentage rank exclusive of the first and last values in the array.||Exclusive|
|PERCENTRANK.INC||It will find the percentage rank inclusive of the first and last values in the array.||Inclusive|
- Here, you will see the syntax of the PERCENTRANK.INC function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you must select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, click the Enter button to get the result.
=PERCENTRANK.INC(array, x, [significance])
- Array – It is the input array or range of data.
- x – The input value for which you want to know the rank.
- Significance – It is an optional one. This argument represents the number of significant digits for the returned percentage value. If it is omitted, it will take three digits by default (For example, 0.224).
Let’s see some examples to understand this concept easily.
- Initially, you must open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch the worksheet with data.
- In this screenshot, you can be able to see the input range in Column A, and we will get the relative rank of a value in a data set using the PERCENTRANK.INC function.
- Then, you must enter the formula in the cell below to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output.
- Once you get the output for the first cell, you have to drag down that cell to fill in the remaining values as shown in the below image.
- If the significance is less than 1 and then this function returns #NUM! Error.
- If any of the arguments are non-numeric values such as letters and symbols and then this function returns #VALUE! Error.
In this guide, you can clearly understand the usage of Excel PERCENTRANK.INC Function with its syntax, explanation, and examples. Give your suggestions in the comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage, Aawexcel.com.
The following video will show you how to apply the PERCENTRANK.INC function in the spreadsheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?