Excel MIN Function: Excel is a spreadsheet program that is developed for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. It helps to perform calculations on your PC. The purpose of this software is to do complicated calculations which are difficult to do manually. With the help of this spreadsheet program, you can insert, organize, maintain, manage, and calculate data.
It offers built-in formulas and functions for performing mathematical operations. In this tutorial, we will show you to learn how to use Excel MIN Function with its syntax, explanation, and examples. Let’s get into this article!! Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Explanation of MIN Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Excel.
- MIN Function returns the smallest numeric value from the range of input values.
- This function ignores empty cells, text values, and the logical values TRUE & FALSE.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the MIN function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
number1 – The first input number, or reference, or a range.
number2 – It is an optional one. It could be a number, or reference, or a range that contains numeric values.
1) This function accepts up to 255 arguments only.
2) If the arguments contain no numbers, then it returns 0.
3) This function ignores logical values such as TRUE & FALSE, text values, and empty cells.
Here, we come up with some practical examples to let you understand the usage of the MIN function in Excel.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- For example, we have entered a range of input numbers in the spreadsheet, as shown in the below image.
- Then, we entered the above-mentioned formula in Cell D3. to get the result.
- To get the result, you have to click on the Enter button on your keyboard. Then, you will get the minimum value from the range of input values.
- Let’s see another example to make it clear for you. In the following image, you will see the values in the range B3:B8.
- This example contains empty cells, FALSE, TRUE, and number values.
- You need to know that, If the arguments contain no numbers, then it returns 0.
- It ignores logical values such as TRUE & FALSE, text values, and empty cells.
- Finally, you have to click on the Enter button to get the result.
In this tutorial, we helped you to understand the usage of the Excel MIN Function with its syntax, explanation, and examples. Leave your feedback in the below comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
This video will show you how to apply the MIN function in the Excel spreadsheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Deepak is an Excel enthusiast and data analyst with over 5 years of experience in the field. I’m a renowned author for AAW Excel who connects with a committed group of Excel users by imparting his professional knowledge and helpful advice. No matter your level of Excel proficiency, my articles and tutorials will teach you something new and beneficial. Connect me via my social links!… Mastodon & More!