Excel MAXA Function: Excel is a spreadsheet program that is developed for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. It helps to perform calculations on your PC. The purpose of this software is to do complicated calculations which are difficult to do manually. If you want to find the largest value from the range in the spreadsheet, you can use the Excel MAXA function.
This article describes the usage of Excel MAXA Function with its syntax, description, and examples. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Description of MAXA Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- This function returns the largest numeric value from the given range of values.
- It is similar to MAX Function, but the only difference is MAXA Function evaluates the logical values TRUE and FALSE as 1 and 0.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the MAXA function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you must select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, click the Enter button to get the result.
- value1 – The first input number, reference, or range.
- value2 – It is an optional one. It could be a number, reference, or range that contains numeric values.
1) This function accepts up to 255 arguments only.
2) If the arguments contain no numbers and then it returns 0.
3) This function evaluates logical values TRUE & FALSE as 1 and 0.
4) It ignores the empty cells.
Let’s see examples to understand how to use the MAXA Function.
- Initially, you must open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch the worksheet with data.
- For instance, we have given the input values in the range B3:E6. And we will get the maximum values using the MAXA function.
- Then, you must enter the formula in the cell below to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output.
- Once you get the output for the first cell, then you need to drag down the cell to fill in the remaining values.
- If the arguments contain no numbers and then this MAXA Function returns 0.
From the above examples, you can understand the MAXA Function easily.
In the above article, you can understand the usage of Excel MAXA Function with its syntax, explanation, and examples. Drop your feedback in the below comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage, Aawexcel.com.
The following video will show you how to use the Excel MAXA function in the spreadsheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Deepak is an Excel enthusiast and data analyst with over 5 years of experience in the field. I’m a renowned author for AAW Excel who connects with a committed group of Excel users by imparting his professional knowledge and helpful advice. No matter your level of Excel proficiency, my articles and tutorials will teach you something new and beneficial. Connect me via my social links!… Mastodon & More!