Excel MAX Function: Microsoft Excel is a powerful data visualization and analysis program used all around the world. It uses spreadsheets to store, organize, or perform operations with formulas and functions. To quickly find the maximum value in a range, you can use the MAX function.
This article describes the usage of Excel MAX Function with its syntax, explanation, and examples. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Explanation of MAX Function
- MAX Function returns the largest numeric value from the range of input values.
- This function ignores empty cells, text values, and the logical values TRUE & FALSE.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the MAX function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you must select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, click the Enter button to get the result.
- number1 – The first input number, reference, or range.
- number2 – It is an optional one. It could be a number, reference, or range that contains numeric values.
Note: 1) This function accepts up to 255 arguments only. 2) If the arguments contain no numbers and then it returns 0. 3) This function ignores logical values such as TRUE & FALSE, text values, and empty cells.
Let’s see examples to understand how to use the MAX Function.
- Initially, you must open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch the worksheet with data.
- For instance, we have given the input values in the range B3:B8. And we will get the maximum value from the range using the MAX function.
- Then, you must enter the formula in the cell below to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output.
- This function ignores logical values such as TRUE & FALSE, text values, and empty cells.
In this article, you can clearly understand the usage of Excel MAX Function with its syntax, explanation, and examples. Share your feedback in the below comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage, Aawexcel.com.
You can use the following video to know how to apply the Excel MAX function in the worksheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?