Excel HARMEAN Function: Excel is a spreadsheet program that is developed for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. It helps to perform calculations on your PC. The purpose of this software is to do complicated calculations which are difficult to do manually. If you want to calculate the harmonic mean of the range of values in your spreadsheet, we suggest you use the HARMEAN function.
In this article, we are going to learn the usage of the Excel HARMEAN Function with syntax, description, and examples. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Description of HARMEAN Function
- This function returns the harmonic mean for a given set of input values.
- The harmonic mean is a reciprocal of the arithmetic mean of reciprocals.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the HARMEAN function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you must select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, click the Enter button to get the result.
- Number1 – It is the first value or cell reference.
- Number2 – It is an optional one. It can be a second value or cell reference.
1) This function ignores Empty cells, Boolean values, and Text, any Non-numerical characters.
2) The arguments can be Numbers in an array format.
Let’s see examples to understand how to use the HARMEAN Function.
- Initially, you must open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch the worksheet with data.
- For instance, we have given the input values in the range B3:B8. And we will get the harmonic mean of a given array using the HARMEAN function.
- Then, you must enter the formula in the cell below to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output.
- This function ignores Empty cells, Boolean values, and Text, any Non-numerical characters.
In this article, you can clearly understand the usage of the Excel HARMEAN Function in the spreadsheet with syntax, description, and examples. Drop your feedback in the comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage, Aawexcel.com.
The following video will show you how to apply the HARMEAN function in the worksheet with examples.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Hi there, I’m Sridhar – an Excel enthusiast with over 10 years of experience working with software. I’m passionate about using Excel to solve complex problems and streamline business processes. Over the years, I have helped businesses of all sizes to improve their operations and save time and money.
Aside from working with Excel, I also enjoy writing and sharing my knowledge with others. You’ll often find me contributing to the AAW Excel blog, where I provide tips, tricks, and tutorials that are easy to understand for readers of all skill levels.