Excel GEOMEAN Function: Microsoft Excel is a powerful data visualization and analysis program used all around the world. It uses spreadsheets to store, organize, or perform operations with formulas and functions. If you want to get the geometric mean of the set of values, then you can use the GEOMEAN function.
In this guide, you will understand the usage of the Excel GEOMEAN Function with its syntax, description, and examples. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Description of GEOMEAN Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- This function returns the geometric mean of a given array or range of data.
- Refer to the following equation to calculate the GEOMEAN.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the GEOMEAN function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you must select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, click the Enter button to get the result.
- Number1 – It is the first input number or cell reference.
- Number2 – It is an optional one. It can be a number or cell reference.
1) The arguments can be Numbers, Names, Arrays, or References.
2) This function ignores Empty cells, Boolean values, and Text, any Non-numerical characters.
Let’s see examples to understand how to use the GEOMEAN Function.
- Initially, you must open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch the worksheet with data.
- For instance, we have given the input values in the range B3:B9. And we will get the geometric mean of a given array using the GEOMEAN function.
- Then, you must enter the formula in the cell below to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output.
- This function ignores Empty cells, Boolean values, and Text, any Non-numerical characters.
From the above example, you can clearly see that the geomean function ignores the text values, symbols, and empty cells & calculate the geomean value of the given input, and prints the output in the desired cell.
In the above article, you can understand the usage of the Excel GEOMEAN Function with its syntax, description, and examples. Kindly, give your feedback in the comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage, Aawexcel.com.
The following video will show you how to use the GEOMEAN function in the Excel worksheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Deepak is an Excel enthusiast and data analyst with over 5 years of experience in the field. I’m a renowned author for AAW Excel who connects with a committed group of Excel users by imparting his professional knowledge and helpful advice. No matter your level of Excel proficiency, my articles and tutorials will teach you something new and beneficial. Connect me via my social links!… Mastodon & More!