Excel FILTER Function: Microsoft Excel is a powerful data visualization and analysis program used worldwide. It uses spreadsheets to store, organize, or perform operations with formulas and functions. This application is developed for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. The major purpose of the software is to do complicated calculations which are difficult to do manually.
Today, we will share how to use the Excel FILTER function in the worksheet with its syntax, explanation, and examples. Get the official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Explanation of FILTER Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- The FILTER function will filter a range of data based on a given condition, and extract matching records.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the FILTER function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you must select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, click on the Enter button to get the result.
=FILTER (array, include, [if_empty])
- array – Range or array to filter.
- include – Boolean array, supplied as criteria.
- if_empty – It is an optional one. Value to return when no results are returned.
Let’s look at some practical examples of the FILTER Function and explore how to use it in Microsoft Excel.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch the worksheet with data.
- For instance, we have given a range of student scores and their zone, as shown in the below image. From this range, we will extract the student’s details of those who are in the green zone.
- Then, you have to enter the formula in the cell as shown below to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output.
In this article, we have learned the usage of the Excel FILTER function with its basic syntax, explanation, and examples. Hope it is useful to you. Drop your feedback regarding this article in the below comment box. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
You can use the following video to know how to apply the FILTER function in the Excel spreadsheet.
You may also like:
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?