Generally, the double data type will store the decimal numbers with double precision. FactDouble function allows you to return the double factorial of any positive, even, or odd number. It is one of the built-in functions in Excel that comes under the Math/Trognormetry category.
Here, we will see how to use the Excel FACTDOUBLE Function with its syntax, definition, and examples. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
What is the FACTDOUBLE Function?
FACTDOUBLE is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel. It comes under Math functions. We can use this function in our spreadsheet whenever we want to find out the double factorial of given numbers.
- This is the basic syntax of the Excel FACTDOUBLE Function.
- number – The input number which should be greater than or equal to -1.
- This function returns the double factorial of a given number.
4) Return Value
- It returns the double factorial of a given number.
What Will FACTDOUBLE Function Do?
As we said earlier, the FACTDOUBLE function will find out the double factorial of given numbers. This function is categorized as “Math” in Excel. Let’s see an example scenario to make you understand it easily.
Step 1: For example, FactDouble can be represented by double exclamation marks like (8!!). To be more precise, 5!! is calculated as ( 5 × 3 × 1 ) and returns the output as 15. Here, we have listed a set of odd and even numbers in the range B3:B10. And we want to find out the double factorial of each value in the list.
Step 2: To get the double factorial value, we need to apply the following formula in any cell where we want to get the result.
Step 3: Now, click on the Enter button to get the result.
Step 4: To fill down the remaining cells, you just drag down the first cell. It will auto-fill the remaining cells as shown in the below screenshot.
We hope that the given scenario helped you to understand the FACTDOUBLE function. Move to the below section if you have any confusion regarding using this function on your spreadsheet. We will explain it easily.
Let’s see how to use the FACTDOUBLE function in the worksheet with different inputs.
1) In the following screenshot, we have given a set of values and also the value zero. We will need to get the double factorial value of those values using the FACTDOUBLE function.
2) In order to get the corresponding results, we need to apply the following formula.
3) Hit the Enter button to get the result, as shown in the below image.
4) To fill down the remaining cells, you just need to drag down the first cell. Excel will autofill the remaining cells with the FACTDOUBLE function.
By doing so, you can quickly get the double factorial values on your spreadsheet.
Inputs that Cause Error
- If you give a negative number other than -1, it returns #NUM! Error.
- If the number is non-numeric, this function returns #VALUE! Error.
To understand the usage of the FACTDOUBLE function, we have referred to the following articles. They helped us to know the purpose of this function. You can also check them out using the links: FACTDOUBLE function, and What is Factorial?.
With the help of the given scenarios and examples, you can easily understand the purpose of the FACTDOUBLE function in Excel and how to apply it in the spreadsheet. The screenshots help to learn it even easier. Drop your feedback in the below comment section. Thanks for visiting AawExcel. Keep Learning!!
If you want to know what people think about this FACTDOUBLE Function of Excel, then we suggest you look for it on the Quora interaction webpage. From there you can get to know more about the Excel FACTDOUBLE function. Here, we have provided the link to Quora’s official website.
The following video will show you how to use the Excel FACTDOUBLE function in the spreadsheet with proper examples.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?