Microsoft Excel is a powerful data visualization and analysis program used worldwide. It uses spreadsheets to store, organize, or perform operations with formulas and functions. This application is developed for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. If you want to extend the arranged range in your worksheet, we will help you do that.
This post will show you step-by-step instructions to use the Excel EXPAND function in the worksheet with a few practical examples. Get the official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Definition of EXPAND Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- The Expand function will extend an array by adding specified rows and columns.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the EXPAND function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you must select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, click on the Enter button to get the result.
=EXPAND (array, [rows], [columns], [pad_with])
- array – The input array to expand.
- rows – It is an optional one. The final number of rows. The default is total rows.
- columns – [optional] The final number of columns. The default is total columns.
- pad_with – It is an optional one. Value to use for new cells. The default is #N/A.
Let’s look at some practical examples of the EXPAND Function and explore how to use it in Microsoft Excel.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch the worksheet with data.
- example, we have entered the array in the range B3:D6 and we will add some rows and columns to the array using the EXPAND function.
- Then, you have to enter the formula in the cell as shown below to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output.
From this post, we have learned the usage of the Excel EXPAND function in the spreadsheet with a few practical examples. Kindly leave your feedback in the below comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
You can use the following video to know how to apply the EXPAND function in the Excel spreadsheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Hi there, I’m Sridhar – an Excel enthusiast with over 10 years of experience working with software. I’m passionate about using Excel to solve complex problems and streamline business processes. Over the years, I have helped businesses of all sizes to improve their operations and save time and money.
Aside from working with Excel, I also enjoy writing and sharing my knowledge with others. You’ll often find me contributing to the AAW Excel blog, where I provide tips, tricks, and tutorials that are easy to understand for readers of all skill levels.