In general, a year has 365 days. A leap year has 366 days. Excel has plenty of functions and features for performing various mathematical operations and we can use them to get the result as quickly as possible. If you want to find out the number of days between two dates in Excel, we suggest you use the Excel DAYS360 function. If you don’t know how to use it, leave it to me.
Here, we come up with the syntax, explanation, and proper examples to know how to use the Excel DAYS360 function in the worksheet. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Table of contents
What is the DAYS360 Function?
DAYS360 is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel. It comes under Date and Time functions. We can use this function in our spreadsheet whenever we want to print the number of days between two dates.
=DAYS360(start_date, end_date, [method])
- start_date – It is the start date.
- end_date – It represents the end date.
- method – This is optional. By default, it is FALSE (US method). TRUE (European method).
- This function will calculate the days between 2 dates in a 360-day year.
- It returns the number of days between two dates.
What Will DAYS360 Function Do?
As we said earlier, the DAYS360 function returns the valid number which represents the number of days between two days. This function is categorized as “Date & Time” in Excel. In order to use this function, we can give two valid dates as input in the cells of Excel.
For instance, we have come up with a set of start dates and end dates for the training period for freshers. For that, we have listed a set of dates in a table. In order to get the number of days between the given two dates.
For that, we need to apply the following formula.
Now, click on the Enter button to execute it and get the result.
To fill down the remaining cells, we just need to drag down the first cell. It will automatically refill the below cells one after the other.
We hope that the given scenario helped you to understand the DAYS360 function. If still you have any confusion, then move to the below section, where we will show you a simple example.
Let’s see a simple example to know how to use the DAYS360 function in the spreadsheet.
- The following screenshot has shown the start and end days of leave for examinations.
- In order to get the corresponding month number, we need to apply the following formula.
- Once you have entered the formula, hit the Enter button to get the result, as shown in the below screenshot.
- To fill the remaining cells, you need to drag down the first cell. It will automatically fill the below values in the range.
By doing so, you can easily get the number of days between two given dates in Excel. Hope it is easy for you.
We have referred to the below-mentioned articles to fully understand the purpose of the Excel DAYS360 function. They helped us a lot. You can also check out them using the given links: DAYS360 function, and DAYS in Math.
With the help of the given scenarios and examples, you can easily understand the purpose of the DAYS360 function in Excel and how to apply it in the spreadsheet. The screenshots help to learn it even easier. Share your suggestions in the below comment section. Thanks for visiting AawExcel. Keep Learning!!
If you want to know what people think about this DAYS360 Function of Excel, then we suggest you look for it on the Quora interaction webpage. From where you can get to know more regarding the Excel DAYS360 function. Here, we have provided the link to Quora’s official website.
The following video will show you how to use the Excel DAYS360 function in the spreadsheet with proper examples.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Hello Folks!! This is Alice. Its fortunate, when passion becomes a profession. Every quality of my mind is written largely in my works. I’m here to share my writings to grow together!!