DAYS Function in Excel: Generally, Days refer to all weekdays such as Sunday to Saturday. Excel consists of a function called DAYS which is used to find the number of days between two dates. In case, you want to use the Excel DAYS function, then we will help you. It is one of the built-in functions in Excel. Anyone can use this function because it is easy to understand.
In this article, we will explain to you the Usage of the DAYS Function in Excel with practical examples. Get the official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Explanation of DAYS Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- The Excel DAYS function returns the number of days between the given two dates.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the DAYS function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
- End-Date – Represents the end date.
- Start_Date – It refers to the given start date.
Check out the following examples of the DAYS function in order to know how it works on the Excel spreadsheet.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- For example, we have given the Start and End dates in cells B3 and C3 respectively.
- Then, we will apply the DAYS function to get the in-between number of days between the given two dates.
- Once you apply the above-given formula, you have to click on the Enter button.
- After executing the formula, you will get the result, as shown in the below image.
- Let’s see another example to make it clear. In the following image, you will see some set of input dates in the range B3:C5.
- After applying the DAYS function, you will get the output as shown in the below screenshot.
A Quick Synopsis
We hope this article demonstrates all the aspects of the DAYS Function, and we have discussed the usage of the DAYS Function in Excel with proper examples. Please leave a reply in case of any queries and leave your valuable suggestions in the comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
In this tutorial, we will learn how to use the DAYS function in the Excel spreadsheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Deepak is an Excel enthusiast and data analyst with over 5 years of experience in the field. I’m a renowned author for AAW Excel who connects with a committed group of Excel users by imparting his professional knowledge and helpful advice. No matter your level of Excel proficiency, my articles and tutorials will teach you something new and beneficial. Connect me via my social links!… Mastodon & More!