DAY Function in Excel: We all know that the time between sun rise and sun set is called Day. We can insert dates into the Excel spreadsheet either manually or using the DATE function.
In case, you want to extract the day from the given date on your worksheet, then we suggest you use the DAY function.
Here, we will see how to use the Excel DAY Function. This function returns the day of the date. The sample date should be given as an “Integer“ 1-31. Let’s get into this article. Get the official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Explanation of DAY Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- The DAY function in Excel extracts the day of the month as a number between 1 and 31 from the given date.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the DAY function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
- You have to enter the cell number inside the DAY Function like =DAY(A1).
- date – The valid date given as input.
Let’s look at some examples to know how the DAY function works in Excel.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- For example, we have entered a date in cell B3, and we will get the day of this input date using the DAY function.
- And, we have to apply the above-mentioned formula in a specific cell where you want to get the output and hit the Enter button.
- After executing the formula, you will get the result, as shown in the below image.
- In the following image, we have entered dates in the range B3:B7 and we will apply the DAY function.
- After clicking on the Enter button, you will get the output as shown in the below screenshot.
- You have to scroll down the B3 cell in order to fill the remaining cells, as shown below.
This article gives you the complete guidelines to work with DAY Function in Excel & also we have provided the best practice examples for easy understanding. Stay connected to get instant updates. Leave your Suggestions/Queries in the comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
In the following video tutorial, you will learn how to use the DAY function in Excel.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?