Excel COUNTBLANK Function: Excel is a spreadsheet program that is developed for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. It helps to perform calculations on your PC. The purpose of this software is to do complicated calculations which are difficult to do manually. If you want to empty cells in a range, you can use the COUNTBLANK function.
In this article, you will learn how to use Excel COUNTBLANK Function with its syntax, explanation, and examples. Get an official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Description of COUNTBLANK Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- This function returns the number of blank cells from the given input range and returns the output in number.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the COUNTBLANK function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you must select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, click the Enter button to get the result.
- Range – The range of cells from which you want to count the empty-cells.
1) It will not consider the cells that contain numbers, text, errors, etc.
2) Formulas that return empty text (” “) is considered to be blank cell and will be counted.
3) The cells that contain zero are considered non-blank cells, so they will not be counted.
Here we will show you an example to know how to apply the Excel COUNTBLANK function in the spreadsheet.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch the worksheet with data.
- For instance, we have given the input values in the range B3:B9. And we will get the count of blank cells using the COUNTBLANK function.
- Then, you have to enter the formula in the cell as shown below to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output.
- The cells that contain zero are considered non-blank cells, so they will not be counted.
In this article, you can grasp the usage of the Excel COUNTBLANK Function with its syntax, explanation, and examples. Leave your feedback in the below comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage, Aawexcel.com.
The following video will show you how to apply the COUNTBLANK function in the Excel spreadsheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?