Excel is a spreadsheet program that is developed for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. It helps to perform calculations on your PC. It offers built-in formulas and functions for performing mathematical operations. You can also use graphic tools, pivot tables, and a macro programming language called Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
If you want to choose a specific row from the range in the worksheet, we suggest you use the CHOOSEROWS function. Here we will show you how to use Excel CHOOSEROWS function in the spreadsheet with a few practical examples. Get the official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Definition of CHOOSEROWS Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- This function returns specific rows from an array or range.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the CHOOSEROWS function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you must select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, click on the Enter button to get the result.
=CHOOSEROWS (array, row_num1, [row_num2], …)
- array – The array to extract rows from.
- row_num1 – The numeric index of the first row to return.
- row_num2 – It is an optional one. The numeric index of the second row to return.
Let’s look at some practical examples of the CHOOSEROWS Function and explore how to use it in Microsoft Excel.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch the worksheet with data.
- For example, we have entered the array in the range B3:D6 and we will select a specific row.
- Then, you have to enter the formula in the cell as shown below to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output.
We hope that you can understand the usage of the CHOOSEROWS function in the worksheet with examples from this article. Share your comments in the below section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
You can use the following video to know how to apply the CHOOSEROWS function in the Excel spreadsheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?