Microsoft Excel is a powerful data visualization and analysis program used all around the world. It uses spreadsheets to store, organize, or perform operations with formulas and functions. We all know that every worksheet is made up of rows and columns. Sometimes, we want to choose specific columns from the spreadsheet, and for that, we can use the CHOOSECOLS function.
In this article, we will show you how to use Excel CHOOSECOLS function in the worksheet with its syntax, explanations, and a few practical examples. Get the official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Definition of CHOOSECOLS Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- This function returns specific columns from an array or range.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the CHOOSECOLS function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you must select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, click on the Enter button to get the result.
=CHOOSECOLS (array, col_num1, [col_num2], …)
- array – The array to extract columns from.
- col_num1 – The numeric index of the first column to return.
- col_num2 – It is an optional one. The numeric index of the second column to return.
Let’s look at some practical examples of the CHOOSECOLS Function and explore how to use it in Microsoft Excel.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch the worksheet with data.
- For example, we have entered the array in the range B3: and we will select a specific column.
- Then, you have to enter the formula in the cell as shown below to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output.
We hope that you can understand the usage of the CHOOSECOLS function in the worksheet with examples from this article. Share your comments in the below section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
You can use the following video to know how to apply the CHOOSECOLS function in the Excel spreadsheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Hi there, I’m Sridhar – an Excel enthusiast with over 10 years of experience working with software. I’m passionate about using Excel to solve complex problems and streamline business processes. Over the years, I have helped businesses of all sizes to improve their operations and save time and money.
Aside from working with Excel, I also enjoy writing and sharing my knowledge with others. You’ll often find me contributing to the AAW Excel blog, where I provide tips, tricks, and tutorials that are easy to understand for readers of all skill levels.