Sometimes, we want to convert the array into text for various purposes. For that, we don’t need to enter the array values as text in the cells manually, instead, we can use Excel’s built-in function called “ARRAYTOTEXT” in the worksheet. If you want to apply this function in your spreadsheet, follow the guide below.
Today, we will let you understand the procedure to use the Excel ARRAYTOTEXT function in the spreadsheet with a few practical examples. Get the official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Explanation of ARRAYTOTEXT Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- This function can convert the given array or range into a text string in the worksheet.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the ARRAYTOTEXT function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you must select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
=ARRAYTOTEXT (array, [format])
- array – The array or range to convert to text.
- format – [optional] Output format. 0 = concise (default), and 1 = strict.
Let’s look at some practical examples of the ARRAYTOTEXT Function and explore how to use it in Microsoft Excel.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch the worksheet that has data.
- For example, we have entered the array in the range B3:B6 and we will convert it as a text using a function.
- Then, you have to enter the formula in the cell as shown below to get the result.
- After entering the formula, you need to click the Enter button to get the output.
This guide helped you to know how to use Excel ARRAYTOTEXT Function in the worksheet with some examples. Kindly drop your suggestions or feedback in the below comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
You can use the following video to know how to apply the ARRAYTOTEXT function in the Excel spreadsheet.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Deepak is an Excel enthusiast and data analyst with over 5 years of experience in the field. I’m a renowned author for AAW Excel who connects with a committed group of Excel users by imparting his professional knowledge and helpful advice. No matter your level of Excel proficiency, my articles and tutorials will teach you something new and beneficial. Connect me via my social links!… Mastodon & More!