EXACT Function in Excel: Sometimes, we want to make sure that any two cells have the same values or not. In case, you have a huge data on your Excel spreadsheet and need to compare the cell values to find out if they are similar to each other. At this point, you don’t have to do it manually, as it takes a lot of time to complete. So, we suggest you use the EXACT function of Excel. Because this built-in function really works for you to resolve the issue.
The EXACT function in Excel will check two values in the spreadsheet and returns TRUE if they are the same, else it returns FALSE. In this article, we describe the explanation, syntax, and usage of the EXACT function in Excel. Get the official version of MS Excel from the following link:
Explanation of EXACT Function
- It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel.
- The EXACT function will compare two given text strings and returns TRUE if they are the same or else returns FALSE.
- This function is case-sensitive.
- Here, you will see the syntax of the EXACT function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
- Text1 (Required): The first text value to compare.
- Text2 (Required): This is the second text value to compare.
Let’s look at some examples of this function and explore how it works in the Excel spreadsheet.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch a worksheet that has data.
- For example, we have entered two similar text strings as input in the cells B3 & C3, as shown in the below image.
- And, we have to apply the above-mentioned formula and hit the Enter button in order to compare the values.
- Once you have executed the formula, you will get the result, as shown in the following screenshot.
- The following image will show you two different text values in the range .
- Next, we will apply the EXACT function to check the values in the spreadsheet and hit the Enter button to get the result.
- After executing the function, we will get the result as FALSE. because the given text strings are not the same.
In the above short article, we have described the explanation, basic syntax, and usage of the EXACT function with examples. Drop your valuable queries/feedback in the below comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
Here, we have provided a video to know how to use EXACT function in Excel.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?
Hi there, I’m Sridhar – an Excel enthusiast with over 10 years of experience working with software. I’m passionate about using Excel to solve complex problems and streamline business processes. Over the years, I have helped businesses of all sizes to improve their operations and save time and money.
Aside from working with Excel, I also enjoy writing and sharing my knowledge with others. You’ll often find me contributing to the AAW Excel blog, where I provide tips, tricks, and tutorials that are easy to understand for readers of all skill levels.