CHAR Function in Excel: By the way, we all know the term “CHAR” which comes from the word Character. Generally, it refers to the letters used in a word or a text string. CHAR function is a text function in Microsoft Excel that helps to get the specific character based on the given numerical value. You need to know that it returns the character based on the ASCII code of the given number.
In this article, we will describe the definition, basic syntax, and usage of the CHAR function in Excel. Get the official version of MS Excel from the following link:
- Here, you will see the syntax of the CHAR function.
- To apply this function on your spreadsheet, you have to select a cell and enter the formula in the following format.
- Once you enter the formula, just click on the Enter button to get the result.
- Number: Get a character by a specified number. The number should be between 1 and 255.
What Will CHAR Function DO?
It is one of the built-in functions in Microsoft Excel. The CHAR Function in Excel is used to get a character by a specified number. It converts the given number into a character. You can attain the output as a character representation of the given number. The given number should be between 1 and 255.
For instance, we want to get a range of alphabets based on the given numerical values in the worksheet. In the following image, we have shown the input values in a range B3:B8.
Now, click on the Enter button to execute it and get the result. To fill the remaining cells in the range, you have to drag down the first cell to the last cell in the range. It will quickly autofill the results based on the given input values.
Let’s look at some examples of the CHAR function and analyze how to use it in Microsoft Excel.
- Initially, you have to open your Excel workbook on your PC and launch the worksheet that has data.
- For instance, we entered the input values in Column B and get the result in Column D.
- Then, you need to enter the formula and click the Enter button to get the output.
- After that, you will need to drag down the output cell to fill in the remaining values.
By doing so, you can easily get the corresponding characters based on the given numbers. This might be easy for you.
Excel CHAR function helps to get specific characters based on the ASCII code. We have understood the purpose of CHAR logical expression with the help of the sites: CHAR Data Type and Excel CHAR Function.
A short summary
This article gives you clarification about the definition, syntax, and usage of the CHAR function in Excel with a few practical examples. Kindly, drop your feedback in the below comment section. To learn more about Excel functions, then visit our webpage Aawexcel.com.
If you want to know what people think about this CHAR Function of Excel, then we suggest you look for it on the Quora interaction webpage. From where you can get to know more regarding the Excel CHAR function. Here, we have provided the link to Quora’s official website.
The following video will show you how to use the Excel CHAR function in the spreadsheet with proper examples.
- How to Use Excel FLOOR.MATH Function?
- How to Use Excel FLOOR Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING.PRECISE Function?
- How to Use Excel CEILING Function?
- How to Use Excel GCD Function?